Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grateful

What a day, seriously.  Couldn't sleep last night, so I got out of the sack at 2:03am.  My sister is in town, so I had to go to the sun room to hang out.  For the next three hours, I put together the outline for my message for this coming Sunday.  As I typed, prayed, checked through my Bible - I could hear the ocean singing, I could almost feel leaves clapping as the slight breeze moved through their branches, my cats were even snoring to their contentment...all to say, wow.  At 5:00, I put on my gym clothes, brushed the coffee stained teeth and went for a morning work out (16 miles in Doug's spin class: he's awesome...kind of guy that makes you feel good to be alive!).  A quick shower, coffee with my sister, staff meeting, computer work and Rotary.  Amazing day...after work, came home and took a 20 minute power nap and then, the highlight of my day: mowing the lawn.  Such therapy for a Pastor to be able to complete something, to look at it and say, "...oh, it looks so nice!"  Quick shower and now, about to sit on my porch with my babe.  What a life, so blessed and so grateful God allows me to live...

No comments:

Post a Comment