Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's Christmas in Morro Bay!

It's that time of the year...have you noticed?  All the Christmas music, multiple trees beautified with bright lights and decorations, fires burning with hot cider flowing freely, and yes...the 'to do' list that includes putting the outside lights up so the neighbors know you're in the spirit and that shopping list that just has to get done...yes, we're in full swing as the Day approaches.  Personally, I hope you have a great time this December; my resolve: kick back and enjoy the Reason this year...all to often I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the Season and I miss the true meaning! 

Thanks MBPD...
Well, it's that time of year again for the Morro Bay Police Department!  This past week, the PD hosted their annual Caroling Cop tradition where they drive for three nights on almost every street of Morro Bay providing Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus for the children of the city, ensuring that every child receives a gift to celebrate the Season!

This year, I was more than blessed.  You see, I, with Commander Millard's blessing, gave up my seats to a friend's children (Jennifer just has a kidney transplant and we thought a night on the town with Santa & happy people might bring a bright moment to a stressful time!).  My vantage this year was from my Taurus; check it out: I followed behind the Squad Car, the two Volunteer Cars, the D.A.R.E. Care and the Trolley as we drove up and down the streets of Morro Bay.  And you know, if I could have captured on film all the smiles, the joy, the laughter of the children and the parents - wow, a picture is truly worth a thousand words! 

Mekayla, Santa and Matthew
What impresses me the most is simply this: in an age where pluralistic thought is rampant, this little city called Morro Bay still celebrates CHRISTmas; and yes, the children of this fine city are all the more blessed!  Reminds me what the Centerpiece of this holiday once said, some 2,000 years ago, "Let the little children come unto Me...for such is the Kingdom of Heaven!" (Matthew 19:14)

Yes, Morro Bay's a great place to live!  And once again, the MBPD hit a grand slam, out of the park, game winning home run!  Thanks to you Morro Bay Police Department for touching the lives of Morro Bay's Children...you've not only touched my heart, I firmly believe you've touched the Heart of Heaven!

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing those vehicles drive by! Makes me fell like a kid myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy - I too am so proud of our city and the Police Department for putting the Caroling Cops event on. As Ms. Claus I get to see the happiness in the eyes of the children as they come to the trolley and receive their yearly toys. The gift is as much for us as it is them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful site... I also found something interesting with the same name on the web, www.PonderingLove.com

    ReplyDelete