Sunday, October 17, 2010

God is...oh, so Faithful!


My Sunday morning tradition usually places me at Morro Bay's infamous Rock, typically around 6:15 or so.  I like too frequent this popular surf spot to collect my thoughts, review my Sunday sermon and simply hang out.  And you know, if there's ever been a Sunday morning I needed the serenity, calmness and peace, it was this am.  You see, it's been one of those weeks, from unfair & unfounded accusations to intense marriage counseling sessions that only God could heal - personal to corporate, tough days last week, no question!

Well, as I was looking at my notes, enjoying the brisk air and the scent of salt water, I noticed the consistent 2-3 foot swells coming in from the Pacific to Morro Bay's shoreline.  It was simply beautiful to watch, wave and wave, coming in one after the other as if orchestrated to paint a picture of faithfulness. 


As I sat in my car, windows down, listening to the seagulls fighting & arguing over left over moldy french fries, I had an experience - an experience that was..simply put, refreshing.  Yes, I know the verses from the Bible, "His mercies are new everyday!"  "If God be for me, who can be against me."  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"  You've heard these, I'm sure of it.  What was refreshing for me was the age old truth: God is faithful.  Yes, just like the waves before my eyes, God was speaking through His creation: "I Randy, am Faithful.  Just like the waves will continue to roll in on the beaches of my creation, I too will roll My love, My grace, My mercy, My consistency and My faithfulness over your person, each and every day.  In fact, My child, I desire to wash you afresh with my Presence every moment of every day!"

Oh yes, what a gentle reminder of God's goodness...friend, the next time you venture to the ocean, watch the waves and let your mind travel upward and Thank God for His consistent and faithful way about Him that continually, eternally says, "I Love You!"


2 comments:

  1. God IS good.

    God IS faithful.

    God NEVER leaves our side during ANY storm of life.

    These are TRUTHS, you are SO RIGHT!!!

    Love you nad been holding you and yours in prayer... I KNOW He will bring you through this fire :o)

    ReplyDelete