Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Morning Prayer

A funny story for you cat lovers.  For years, Tami and I could not have cats due to my allergies.  However, close to seven years ago I came home to discover two little abandoned kitties in Tami's arms fighting for their life.  Tami, the quintessential cat rescuer, responded to my shocked demeanor, "Randy, this is how it is: these cats are going to live here & you'll just have to get immune to them!"  Really...well, those two cats eventually multiplied to six cats at the Ponder house and, must confess, I've become a cat guy and thoroughly enjoy them (and yes, I'm now immune!).  Currently, we have three of the original six left (two...well, coyotes took them & the other, Shadow, was given to a neighbor...).  Okay, with that background, one of our cats is in serious need of therapy, for more reasons that I have time to write.  Just yesterday morning, during Tami and my prayer time, I was on my knees on my side of the bed, praying & agreeing with Tami as she interceded for our children.  I looked up and there was Rafiki, kneeling on the bed licking Tami's face as if to say, "...hey, let me in on this conversation - you're ignoring me...again!"  Well, we both had a moment of laughter and concluded our time together with the Lord with thankfulness & gratitude for the little things that bring us joy!  My point: take a moment and yes, Thank God for your salvation and for Jesus - but also, take a moment and thank Him for those little things we sometimes take for granted - and yes, even cats!  See ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment