Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oh Really...


Okay, it's "bills day" at the Ponder Home, you know - that time of the month when for some or most these days, there's too much month at the end of the money. For over 26 years, Tami and I have prayed over our bills and thanked Jesus for the privilege of having the funds in the bank to cover our expenses. Today was no different, I woke up early, I think anxiety, stress or too much caffeine the evening before & began to write checks, transfer money, etc. As I began the hour process, that feeling came over me again - an overwhelming feeling of gratitude and thankfulness that the Lord in His grace has allowed us to cover our bills. Now, I know this sounds a tad odd; however, hear me out. With so many folks out of work and life being a bear these days, it truly blesses us to be able to pay our bills, have food in the fridge, put some cash away for emergencies. This became really apparent when I went to buy stamps at the local store and the young gal said, "...stamps, what for?" My reply, "...oh, I'm paying bills!" Her comment, "...yuk, that's a bummer!" My come back, "...no, its a blessing. You see, God has blessed us with the ability to pay bills; most these days can't. So, no bummer for us, just gratefulness!" She looked at me with that teenage stare and said, "Dude, that's so cool...I've never looked at it that way." My closing thought to her, "Kiddo, go home and thank your father & mother for supporting you, they're raising a neat kid!" All to say, perspective is so important & key as we work through these difficult, economic times.
The application: yes, if you can pay your bills, be grateful. If you can't, know that God does care and seriously wants to meet your every need. A book in the Bible, Philippians, says, "...but my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory!" Take it easy and before you move away from this thought, look up and thank your Heavenly Father for His provision!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that Randy and yes, thank you Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool bro! I've have been so Thankful to our King for allowing us to pay our bills. Especially the last year and a half. God bless you and your bills :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm... waiting on that feeling! Seriously, jsut once would LOVE to have the amount I need, not even a penny more... just the amount I need.

    Guess that might be why I cried my heart out yesterday when I wanted ot bake a birthday cake, but didn't have the butter I thought I did.... :)

    Enjoying your more consitant blog :)

    ReplyDelete