Thursday, October 7, 2010

Confessions of a Coffee Snob


Really good stuff - from New York...
I came to the realization the other morning that I am an official Coffee Snob.  I had hints of it when we lived in Temecula and I would frequent all to often the 9 different Starbucks!  It seemed that each store had her own feel: one was for the fitness crowd, another for the yuppies, one for the smokers who hung outside, others for the young mothers who would sit, sip and share how great their children were. 

Well, the other day, Tami P. and I were at the store and thought we would buy the cheapest coffee on the shelf; you know the economy & all!  Seriously, we spent like $2.99 for this large jar of something.  It smelled okay, looked like a dark roast and kind of seemed like it would taste good.  Hum...it was terrible; simply terrible!  As I sat the other morning on my couch, holding a cup of whatever you want to call it, with my Bible - I had this critical, negative way about me that wasn't impressive nor attractive (its moments like this that my babe tells me I'm really ugly and need to go to the red chair...that's my time-out!). 

After moments of feeling sorry for myself, I decided to do my best to enjoy the tar and reminded myself that 95% of the world didn't have the luxury of sitting on a leather couch, with a cup of coffee that was waiting and calling for me at 4:05 in the morning!  Can't say I really felt shame or convicted - just rather silly and ungrateful. 

Moral to the story: I'm learning to be thankful for the little things, yes - even inexpensive, not cheap, coffee.  And oh, by the way, my lady came home the other night with a large can of Chock full o' Nuts -- my favorite coffee to give me a small token of her thoughtfulness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment